I’m really excited to share today’s post because I think it’s safe to say that we all have our bad days, and I want to help you get through them! Below, I share my 10 tips to easily change your mood – I use all 10 of these strategies and they really do help. Enjoy!
1. Get enough sleep (6-8 hours). I know this is stating the obvious, but ask yourself – do you actually get regular sleep every single night? When you don’t get enough sleep consistently, not only will you feel sluggish/fatigued the next day, your body also releases stress-hormones that can actually make you feel depressed overtime; This is why this is my #1 tip.
2. Listen to music. When you’re feeling low, listening to some jams will most definatley turn that frown upside down! Music can also help with anxiety, depression, and just getting your mind off of anything & everything! Did I also mention that listening to music can help boost productivity? Win!
3. Give someone a hug. This is honestly one of the best ways to feel better. In fact, research shows that it helps reduce the stress-hormone known as Cortisol. Make sure to really squeeze your hugger for extra satisfaction! 😉 By the way, I am sending a virtual hug to YOU!
4. Exercise. Exercising releases endorphins (feel-good hormones), so why not get that cardio in? This could be running, a short walk, kickboxing, yoga – whatever fuels your body! Not only will you be keeping your heart healthy and strong, you will feel so good for the rest of your day!
5. Talk to a friend/family. Talking about how you feel helps you to clarify the things that are actually worrying/upsetting you. You may also find that that you’re able to see the situation in another perspective, and a friend or family member can offer solutions that you wouldn’t have thought of on your own!
6. Prioritize. Making a to-do list when you’re busy and overwhelmed can really help ease the stress and pressure of having everything done all at once. Having this skill is so important to have in life because if you don’t, anything and everything can quickly seem extremely overwhelming. Not sure how to prioritize? Check out Time Management Success’ steps to prioritization.
7. Eat something. When it comes to eating, I don’t think I need to say too much about how food effectively increases our happiness and energy levels. Having multiple snacks throughout the day will also help you to concentrate better, and prevent mood swings. NOM NOM NOM.
8. Watch Netflix/Youtube. Need I say more?
9. Have a cup of tea. Certain teas like roiboos and chamomile tea are known to relax the body and mind, in addition to their amazing health benefits. So, have a cup of tea to help channel your zen!
10. Treat yourself to a massage. Every single time I have a massage, I walk out feeling a million times better than before I went in. Why? Getting a massage is proven to boost your mood because like exercising, massages increase the brain’s production of endorphins (feel-good hormones) that affect your mood. Although they can be expensive, just remember that your body and mind are worth every single penny!