27. I remember when I was younger I told myself I would be married, have kids (be a “cool young mom”), and work my dream job by this age. Instead, I am thinking about when to book my first botox appointment, haha!
Last year I wrote a blog post that included 26 things I learned in 26 years. This year, I have added 1 new item to the list.
1. Be yourself – Authenticity is always in style.
2. Patience is the key to everything.
3. Start working & saving money at a young age.
4. Take risks & go out of your comfort zone or else you will always be wondering ‘what if’?
5. Always try to have a positive outlook on life.
6. Do more of what makes you happy.
7. Create a bucket list and aim to accomplish those items.
8. It’s okay to not be okay.
9. Make time to exercise & take care of your body.
10. Know a little about a lot.
11. Learn from your mistakes & think twice before repeating them.
12. Don’t let anyone persuade you into doing something you are not okay with doing.
13. Invest in great skincare.
14. If you want to do something, just do it.
15. Always stay hydrated – Water is your body’s bff.
16. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
17. Always listen to your intuition (‘gut’) – If something feels wrong/right, then it probably is.
18. Failure only makes you stronger.
19. Relationships (friends, family, partners) require effort, compassion & changing.
20. Do not plan your life according to a time table – Just let it happen.
21. True friends stay no matter what – Even if you only see each other every couple of months.
22. Don’t let fear hold you back.
23. You’re only as old as you feel.
24. Stop comparing your life to Instagram feeds.
25. A pair of jeans is an essential piece in your wardrobe.
26. Cherish the little things.
27. Be genuinely interested in other people. This is how new relationships and opportunities arise!